Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dilemma

So Ethan's daycare just called, and he has a fever of 101.4. Usually the kid gets sent home and can't come back for 24 hours. The problem is, I can't lift Ethan because of my recent hernia surgery repair. So do I let Mike go to work tomorrow and look after Ethan even though I am not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds (he weighs 24.8 pounds)? And I have my post-op follow up doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I would have to bring Ethan, and I wouldn't be able to lie about not lifting him if he is right there...
Sigh.
Mike has used up all of his holiday days and will have to borrow from his next year's holidays if he has to stay home tomorrow. I hate that the daycare is so regimented in its rules, a home daycare might allow Ethan to go back tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment