Sunday, October 2, 2011

Autumn is Here and things are Great...Sort of

It is October 2 and the days are still (mostly) warm and gorgeous, if a little windy.  We had frost 2 nights so far, but nothing more than that.  I will not complain, because there have been some Septembers that have been downright nasty as far as the weather was concerned.  If this weather can stay with us until mid or late November, I will be happy.

Ethan has been growing/learning by leaps and bounds.  he can now say 4-6 word sentences and expresses his desire for independence a lot.  It is nice to see, but is frustrating for me at times.  It is also sad to see my little boy growing up :(

                                       Ethan - putting his animals to sleep on the second to bottom stair




I still have another post to do about our summer and that one will be picture heavy, but I just wanted to write down a few thoughts I have had between the big posts.

I am still struggling as a working Mom who commutes 2 hours (round trip) to work.  I have been trying very hard to get a job closer to home, and I have had several interviews, but have still not had any luck getting further than an interview.  Both the time spent away from home AND the money I spend on gas has been taking a toll on me and my family.  I am trying to maintain my energy level, lose weight, exercise, and still be "there" all the time for Ethan and Mike.  But some days are harder than others.  I would love to write/maintain my blog more frequently, but it doesn't seem like things are going to be less hectic any time soon (unless I win the lottery or instantly get a new job in my town with awesome pay).

So in the meantime, I will try every day to do the best I can, and know that is all I can do.  Hopefully I will have more time in the winter months to update the blog and get Ethan's life down on permanent record.   I also want to get back into my groove of reading all my favourite Mom Blogs and having the time to comment on them.

I also hope that this blog gets read by more than my brother (even though I love you Chris and am happy you can share in Ethan's and our lives through here since you are so far away).

2 comments:

  1. You just do what you can and try to let go of what you can't get to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie - I am trying to find that balance. Some days it is easier than others though.

    ReplyDelete