Sunday, June 17, 2012

THREE!!!

I know I should be doing a Father's Day post, but it has been a while since I posted, so I am still catching up.  The events in this post actually took place on Mothers Day!

Ethan turned 3 on May 22.  It was the Tuesday after the May long weekend (Canada's Victoria Day).  Because Ethan's Aunt and Uncle and their kids usually go camping on the May Long Weekend, I decided to throw his party on May 13, which also happened to be Mother's Day.  A word of advice - throwing a child's birthday on Mother's Day means you don't actually get any time to yourself or to enjoy anything. But it's still worth it!

We went to the Midway that was in town that weekend as part of his party.

Ethan with his Dad and Great Grandma

Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake

Right after he blew out the candles

Ethan and his cousins playing with the fibre optic Mickey Mouse he got as one of his gifts.

Ethan had a pretty good time, even though he was cranky and kept screaming he didn't want to go on any of the rides at the Midway.  We forced him to go on a couple of rides, and even though he cried through them, he was happy to have gone on them after.  My Dad and step-mom, Mike's parents, Mike's Grandma and Mike's brother and his family (including my sister-in-law's dad) all came out for the party.  I think everyone had a good time, but I know for sure Ethan had a good time, and as far as I am concerned, that's all that matters.

I sent all the Mothers home with a couple of flowers from a bouquet I bought at Sobeys, as a small token for Mother's Day.

I still find it hard to believe it's been three years since Ethan was born.It still feels like yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to follow your blog too! I find the more followers I have, the more it bolsters me to keep writing! And who want's to read about someone failing, lol! So it keeps me on plan too! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My weight loss blog is at the top of the page in a tab beside the Home tab.

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun. That cake looks really good.

    ReplyDelete